Monday, October 12, 2009

To Do lists are easier than Doing

Woke this morning thinking about the future of the nonfiction part of my writing, about what I want to do and how to make it possible, about what I can control and about what I can't, and the fact that there is no money coming in right now which is more than a little alarming.

I also woke knowing where I was going with the project I'm doing, which is nice, because it takes away the panic part where the brain scrambles about trying to remember.

Only instead I saw the To Do list once of my favorite authors posts in her journal, and she'd updated. Because of her To Do lists on her journal, I've started keeping two erasable "white boards" (one is green and the other purple) of lists which has had the hoped for consequence that I no longer remake the same lists over and over in hope that something got done while I wasn't looking or in hope that by making the list I'll be overwhelmed by ambition and extra hours.

So I'm posting my own lists here, the Old that I just erased, and the New, which may just be rearranged Old... though I'm hoping not. Here goes:

Old List
Draft 2 Ghosts of Rag & Bone
Draft 2 Ghost of a Chance
X Finish writing Kaleidoscope Window
Write Shifting Sands
Revise Abandon
Redraft Dreamside
Write Listen
Write City
Write Southern Lights
Write Angelica's Room
Write Tet
Finish 4L&T
Finish Game Called on Account of Rain (story)
X Finish Shine (story)
X Finish Intervention (story)

New
Draft 2 Ghosts of Rag & Bone
Draft 2 Ghost of a Chance
Draft 2 Kaleidoscope Window
Novel contest information
Revise Abandon
Revise Dreamside

Write Shifting Sands
Write Southern Lights

Write Tet
Write Tet YA

Finish 4L&T
Write Listen
Write City

Write short stories (something like 12 by 11/30/09)

No problem. Just let me stall a bit more and I'll start the nonfiction for a few hours and then go do All. Of. This.

No comments:

Post a Comment